Tuesday, August 4, 2009

a punch of color

so you know how almost any bright nail color looks good on toes, but it takes a special one to look good on hands? this weekend i discovered tropical punch, from the opi classics collection, and i feel like i've really found the perfect summer bright. it's a total mix of hot pink and hot coral and looks different in different lighting. but the key is that there is no lighting situation in which i don't like it, which as you know from your own experiences, i'm sure, is very rare.

my color find this weekend reminded me that i really like opi colors, though for some reason, i always fall back on essie. i am reminded that for my wedding weekend i actually wore two opi colors -- suzi says da for my friday night, and bubble bath for my actual wedding. (not known to be a traditionalist, one of my mother's only requests was a light mani for my wedding day - go figure.)

also, i think i might even like opi's color names better than essie's, and i love how they are themed around different color groups (i.e. russia (russian navy, midnight in moscow), india (black cherry chutney, moon over mumbai), and south beach (opi on collins ave, sand in my suit) among others. i always love to imagine the meeting in which the nail polish companies come up with names.

what are some of your favorite colors or color names?

tropical punch photo from http://www.nailpolishdiva.com/

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

essie waltz and mademoiselle. the only way i remember them are that the mademoiselle is dancing the waltz(pink over white)

Debra Brandwein said...

Mucci Gucci Pucci

Maria said...

Miami Beet. I think its a summer color, but Kim says its a fall color. I guess it can go both ways. I love the color either way, and I love the name.

Nicole said...

A mademoiselle girl all the way...

Rebecca said...

I am wearing Miami Beet on my toes right now and have gotten so many complements on it! I love it! I also love Essie's Allure for my hands - it's a perfect barely-there color.

Unknown said...

My favorite summer color is Essie's Carousel Coral - it goes well with pinks and orange shades.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin